Monday, March 2, 2009

Macbeth LRJ #5

Chue Meng Vang


Ms. Peifer


English 10 IB


March 2, 2009


The End of the Matter


The theme that can be seen in act 5 is revenge. Macduff wants revenge after Macbeth ordered the killing of Macduff's wife and son. Macduff and his friend Malcom gather an army and go to defeat Macbeth. They do defeat Macbeth and Macduff gets his revenge and kills Macbeth.

"Hail, King! for so thou art. Behold where stands th' usurper's head. The time is free." (p.189, 65-66, Macduff)


The image pattern in this act is violence. In this scene the army of Malcom attacks Macbeth's castle. During the attack Macduff finds Macbeth and fights and kills him. "Though Birnam wood be come to Dunsinane and thou opposed, being of no woman born, yet I will try the last. Before my body I throw my my warlike shield." (5, 8, 35-36)

No comments: