Monday, March 2, 2009

Macbeth LRJ #4

Chue Meng Vang


Ms. Peifer


English 10 IB


March 2, 2009



Macduff




Lady Macduff's scene is a humorous scene. Lady Macduff is upset that her husband has left her and her son behind back at home. She jokes that her husband is a traitor and her son joins in on the joke. Then they joke of what Lady Macduff will do for a new husband. "Why, I can buy me twenty at any market." (4, 2, 47) Her son says in reply: "Then you'll buy'em to sell again." (4, 2, 48)



In this act we learn that Macduff is a threat to Macbeth. "Macbeth! Macbeth! Macbeth! Beware Macduff! Beware the Thane of Fife! Dismiss me. Enough." (4, 1, 81-82)



Macbeth hasn't changed much compared to his other big changes. The only change of his is small which is his new target is Macbeth. "Then live, Macduff; what need I fear of thee? But yet I'll make assurance double sure and take a bond of fate. Thou shat not live," (4, 1, 93-94)

No comments: